Wild rice

Joined May 5, 2010
I am preparing a large quantity and am asking if anyone has ever baked the rice in the oven.
I’ve always done small quantities in a double boiler. It takes two and a half hours.. I am used to cooking the rice until completely open and puffed.
Any ideas about stock, butter, rice in a sealed Dutch oven at 350 for whatever time?????

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Funny timing - we have not, but we noticed just yesterday that the one we buy gives the size of hotel pan to use if preparing the whole bag, so I'd say it should work. No ideas on how though, sorry.

Joined Oct 1, 2006
We would render bacon, use the fat to sauté the onions and copious amount of mushrooms, add back the bacon, wild rice, beef stock, and thyme. Cover, bake, serve...

Started with a 5# block of bacon ends and pieces to help visualize quantities. 4" full line pan. Liquid was 2X rice volume. 2 hours 350 oven. It has been 30 years, but we did a LOT of this! Should be ballpark...

Good luck!

Joined May 5, 2010
Thanks for the ideas. Wild rice is the seed of up to 4 different grasses. You are both right, in that it is referred to as a grain both here in the US and China.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
sgmchef, your recipe sounds really good - I think we are going to give that try, thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom
动漫岛 - 十八禁啪漫动漫-成年AV动漫网站