What is this??

Joined Dec 18, 2010
You mean all of those annoying ads? It’s making me want to avoid ChefTalk. It’s really bad...

Joined May 25, 2015
This is the first time I'm seeing anything because Firefox has a native ad blocker. This thing started yesterday. This is REALLY obnoxious, sorry but there is no excuse for that crap!!! This is not the place for it.

nicko

Founder of www.aswagna.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
I just installed an ad blocker add-on that destroyed it. :p
Thanks for doing that! Can you tell me exactly how we should keep the site running? We sell no products at all. And please don't suggest memberships we tried that and no one signed up. The ads are part of the experience whether you like it or not. Seems everyone on the internet wants things to be free...

Joined May 25, 2015
I have no problem with ads that don't disrupt the functionality of the site. If you look at my screen shot, that damn thing floats right there blocking the text no matter how you scroll the page behind it. So you have to scroll up and down to uncover what you are trying to read. Then it's animated making it even more distracting.

If you remember, I had a problem awhile back with ads that would refresh and when they did that the page would jump making the site unreadable. Apparently Firefox's ad blocker cured that, but not this thing.

Like I said, I have no problem with ads but you have to draw the line someplace on what is acceptable. Whatever the hell that ad is for, it certainly doesn't belong here. It's obnoxious, annoying and has nothing to do with this site. As for ad blockers, they are a great thing. You get your money from the idiots who provide that crap and we don't get to see it. Win, win.

Just a suggestion, how about sponsors or ads from our industry? As long as they are not disruptive I might even want to see them.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
BTW, the ad placement is particularly problematic when viewing ChefTalk on a phone. When it stays as a bottom banner or embedded Inline with the ChefTalk content all is well, but when it pops up in the main window it obscures 90% of the ChefTalk window and precludes reading content or writing posts. Turning on the Safari “pop-up block” didn’t change anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
动漫岛 - 十八禁啪漫动漫-成年AV动漫网站