Make Food Great Again!

Joined Jul 28, 2020
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member to the site. I stumbled upon chef talk while browsing the web for a local co packer / food processing plant that could help me bring my food product to life. After many months of contacting countless companies, I had zero luck.... most of them have not responded back and the ones who have responded back had an extremely large MOQ that was completely out of my budget since I'm only a startup. I am now considering a small commercial kitchen but I'm not familiar with the process. I was hoping someone that has some experience in launching a wholesale food product can help me out as I really dont want to give up on my dream

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
What is your product and how much do you want to run?

Joined Jul 28, 2020
It's a bean from Egypt marinated in different brines. Will be offering 4 flavors (1 flavor / sku). Beans will be packaged in a pouch. 1000 pcs /sku for the initial run would be ideal.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
It's difficult to find a small batch retort these days. A lot of minimums are a lot higher than you want. You just have to commit to paying for the whole shift. You also need to have all your technical information ready when you talk with the plant. Sometimes not being exactly sure of the pH, what kind of shelf life you want, who is your thermal process authority, etc. makes people a bit reluctant.

You might want to consider refrigerated, but the downside is you have to pay to store it and shipping will be costly. The upside is HPP can be run in lower volume.

Creating and starting up a product is extremely difficult. You might want to hire a consultant to take you through some of the production steps.

Joined Jul 28, 2020
It's difficult to find a small batch retort these days. A lot of minimums are a lot higher than you want. You just have to commit to paying for the whole shift. You also need to have all your technical information ready when you talk with the plant. Sometimes not being exactly sure of the pH, what kind of shelf life you want, who is your thermal process authority, etc. makes people a bit reluctant.

You might want to consider refrigerated, but the downside is you have to pay to store it and shipping will be costly. The upside is HPP can be run in lower volume.

Creating and starting up a product is extremely difficult. You might want to hire a consultant to take you through some of the production steps.
Thank you for that information. I will look into hiring a consultant. Would you happen to know of any good ones that you could refer me to?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
动漫岛 - 十八禁啪漫动漫-成年AV动漫网站