Contract Faux pas

Joined Jun 22, 2018
In my contract for a very lucrative job that I did on Christmas Day I put in a clause to protect me, the Chef/Owner in the event of a cancellation,which did not happen. However, the Client did cancel the Waiter 2 weeks before the Event. I do not know if the waiter found other work. Most other colleagues I see have a clause that would hve THE CLIENT PAY A FEE of up to 5 hours to the Waiter up to 2 weeks b4 event. The question is since I did not have the clause in contract at the time, should I reimburse the Waiter myself ? ( I do not want to burn any bridges and he is a very well seasoned Waiter I could use in the future.) Any thoughts?

Joined May 25, 2015
Waiter works for you, no? Client told you they don't need your waiter, that's irrelevant. You hired the waiter to work an event then told him you no longer need him so I think you owe him something.

How you cover that in your contract is up to you, but I certainly would make the client pay a cancellation fee to cover your cost.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Waiter works for you, no? Client told you they don't need your waiter, that's irrelevant. You hired the waiter to work an event then told him you no longer need him so I think you owe him something.

How you cover that in your contract is up to you, but I certainly would make the client pay a cancellation fee to cover your cost.
He is a freelancer. He works for me sometimes. Not a Full time employee

Joined Sep 17, 2018
If you don't have anything agreed upon between you and the waiter I see no need to doll out any cash. Yes this person works for you and helps you but it's not like you aren't paying them for it. Also the fact that it was two weeks prior is another reason. Maybe if it was last minute I would contemplate something but that is enough time for them to clear their schedule and possibly find something else.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
If you don't have anything agreed upon between you and the waiter I see no need to doll out any cash. Yes this person works for you and helps you but it's not like you aren't paying them for it. Also the fact that it was two weeks prior is another reason. Maybe if it was last minute I would contemplate something but that is enough time for them to clear their schedule and possibly find something else.
To Thank you. Actually, he does not work solely for me. He is a freelancer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
动漫岛 - 十八禁啪漫动漫-成年AV动漫网站