Best way to move out older table sitters?

Joined Sep 5, 2008
They were slow Sat, so he had one last table. As he told it, two women came in, small plates and BS. They were getting ready to leave, so was he. Then the hubbies come in and order a round of drinks and sit for another hour. $15 for two hours.
That's only one side of the story. What about that Saturday when things got real busy, several tables ordering round of drinks after round of drinks? $60 for two hours?

Most jobs without a fixed hourly wage have up and down periods, and some risk factor is involved. It's your friend's choice to take a job without a fixed hourly wage. If he wants to rip the benefits of those busy Saturdays when customers are tipping generously, he's got to suffer those slow Saturdays when spouses or friends show up, join a party and sit down for an hour without ordering anything.

Surely the customers can't be held responsible for the fact that the restaurant is having a slow Saturday or that they weren't able to fill or keep a single other table at the end of that specific night.

On the other hand if every day is slow and no one tips generously, and your friend is consistently getting paid $15 for two hours, then obviously he should reconsider his position or career choice.

Last edited:
Joined Dec 18, 2010
BTW, although this thread is quite obviously bigoted against the elderly, a protected group in the US, I find the younger generation just as bad in this regard. And some people of specific ethnic orientations. Lots of people can be self-centered and feel privileged above all others... not just the older generations.

Joined May 25, 2015
BTW, although this thread is quite obviously bigoted against the elderly, a protected group in the US, I find the younger generation just as bad in this regard. And some people of specific ethnic orientations. Lots of people can be self-centered and feel privileged above all others... not just the older generations.
I don't think the OP meant it to be that way, just an observation. I tried to point out what you are saying by showing that all people can be guilty of squatting if you give them the opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
动漫岛 - 十八禁啪漫动漫-成年AV动漫网站